- This project focuses on creating strong visual balance (symmetry vs asymmetry) and Contrast (positive vs negative space)!! They are inventing their own spaceship, however it must have these two Principles of Design to look visually correct.
- Students will gain a better understanding of the Elements of Art, including line, shape, color, texture, space and value.
- Some other Principles of Design we will continue to explore are repetition, pattern, harmony and unity.
- Student will use their own imagination as a source of inspiration.
Designing a Board Game
- Students learn to work in groups, plan together, organize, communicate, execute, revise and unify their designs. They learn to be unique and original in their work and to think like a creative artist.
- Students will gain a better understanding of the Elements of Art, with a strong focus on LINE (vertical, horizontal, diagonal, geometric, organic, broken, straight, etc.), shape, color, value.
- Recognize characteristics of several Principle of Design, visual balance (symmetrical vs asymmetrical), repetition, contrast, and unity.
- Use a variety of tools safely and appropriately to create art.
- They will use their math skills as well to create repetition and pattern with their shapes in their game designs.