- Fiber Art: Student must use appropriate art vocabulary and technique to create a cardboard loom and hand woven pouch/bag.
- New Vocabulary: Fiber art/artists, loom, warp, weft, fabric, horizontal weaving, vertical weaving, rya knots, beads, blends.
- Understand how the Elements of Art are used to develop a composition.
- Understand how the Principles of Design work in relation to each other, focusing on pattern, repetition, rhythm, harmony, balance and emphasis.
- SS Connection: Students explore different cultures (old and new) that practice this new technique.